Saturday, March 8, 2008

Brandnew for a change























































So, long time no posts but hopfully I can make up for that by posting a bunch of pictures. The last time I posted was in the middle of the coastal Califinia trip, of which you will see a bunch of pictures here. In the end we ended up in a bunch of places following San Luis Obispo, namely Santa Barbara and Santa Monica and Venice Beach (the cool house top right we saw there). I had actually been in Venice Beach when I was in LA last time but only really realised once we were driving through it. Venice Beach was one of my favourite places and we had some great breakfast there and saw some cool people (incl. the sufers) and I rebought my sunglasses there, after mine broke dramatically after just one week of wearing them - thankfully we passed the exact same shop secod time around in Venice, ha! Santa Monica was cool too and we went to this restaurant called Bubba Gumps - you may remember it from Forrest Gump.

We stayed in Venice until Saturday midday and then Annika (the great driver that she is) drove all the way back on Saturday to San Francisco. I was back to work the week after that and watched "Be kind - rewind" with Winnie which was super, I'd say 88%. Otherwise Annika, Ben and I went to some great restaurants (a lot of Sushi), a cool dive bar called Phone Booth - the only bar in which you can semi-legally smoke here (I played the same song twice in a row on the jukebox which made me look like an ass) and to a really nice Italian restaurant called Cafe Sport - which had super food for little money (which is not uncommon for San Francisco). The last day we went to Alcatraz, which was probably one of the nicest days I have spent in SF so far as the weather was really great and the Audio Tour as loads of fun. Before that I found myself once again in a Vegetarian restaurant for brunch.

That has pretty much been my two weeks since my last post - this week, since Annika being gone - I was hanging out a bit with my French friend Mathieu here and yesterday we had an offsite at Lake Tahoe, where most people went skiing but I was too lazy to organise sufficient ski gear for myself so I went snow-tubing and just generally hung out a while.

Today I got up early and Elizabeth and Ben and I had some tasty breakfast at this place called Bugaloos. Funnyt hing in SF is you really have to get to places early and reserve or sign up and wait like 30mins, people just love going out for food here so there is always a wait at popular places.

Right now I am sitting in a Jazz bar enjoying an afternoon Austrian beer and may be going to Dolores park with Elizabeth and her friends. Tomorrow I might spend in Berkely or just hang out, kind of undecided depending on how I fare today. Anyways, updates to follow a bit more frequent going forward so keep checking. I actually bought an adapter for my camera so I can finally use that again and not rely on other people. Thing to note though that most nice pictures you see here were taken by Annika, my photography talents are somewhat limited.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

nice to have some news again ;-)

Isä Olavi said...

You shouldn't drink so much beer Dan!